Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Saudi Women *finally* Taking Charge














On Saudi 'American Idol', woman rips hard-line clerics.

Millions Poet is a Saudi contest for reciting Bedouin poetry. It's like the Saudi 'American Idol', but of course they can't be singing. Of the contestants, Hissa Halal is one of them, and she has been causing ripples with her courageous poetry. Her words are controversial, and portray what a woman should not be doing; exploring her freedom of thought. She has openly criticized clerics, and condemned fatwas. While some are thrilled by her honesty and applause her, others post redundant death threats to her online.

I read this news a while back and I was completely taken by surprise. I could never have imagined of such a news to have emerged from that land in thousand years! I salute her guts!

As of today, Hissa Hilal has lost the contest, coming at third place, and banking $817,000 (536,000 pounds). Now that is how you lose :D ... read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails