Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Blue-Eyed Muslims


Islam in Nederland (TV Documentary)
Uploaded by onetime.

It feels so far from me. Watching this video felt like experiencing something completely alien to me, only that it is my absolute reality. I should be happy for them, to find such happiness. But what is so exciting about this when everyone else around them is so sad? Why does Islam always come across as so harsh, so brutal, so dividing? Why shouldn't it make me feel happy? Why shouldn't I feel relaxed and peaceful after watching this? Perhaps it's in the viewpoint with which the documentary is made. The reality of the girls' parents is so distressing, I can't overlook it.

Especially the point where one of the girls decides to take the full face cover after having gone to Mecca. That is not even asked by Allah. You are not even supposed to take it while in Masjid-al-Haram. And her mother was absolutely against the idea of her daughter taking the face-veil (niqab), not knowing she already does.

Converts tend to go through such a Salafist form of Islam. The Arabs are neither superior in race, nor religion. It was clearly communicated by Prophet Muhammed (p.b.u.h) in his last sermon. The world is such a hypocrite place to be in. I really wonder what was Allah thinking when He created it. What is He thinking now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails