Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Europe and My Islam













I've been here almost three months now. It's rather good. People have been nice to me. Maybe a bit too down-to-earth and honest in cases, but nothing as close to degrading me, or making me feel unwelcome. I don't know what opinion a Turk or Moroccan would hold, since their relevance to Netherlands is that of mine to England.

I haven't really been into Dutch news before, but now being here makes it only more logical to look into it. I'm confused. There are protests by Muslims of how they need to prove their ground, establish their rights, protect their community, keep free of the infidels, defend their culture, ensue a state-within-a-state. Then how come is it so that the Dutch come across as the victim still?

I see old Dutch people, and the obvious horror on their faces - probably wondering what went wrong in the past couple of decades, that they feel like foreigners in their own country? I don't blame them. There are parts of Holland where even I have to remind my foot of the Dutch soil it rests on! It's such a tiny country in comparison to England (well, even otherwise, it is size-Nano!), and one that is largely man-built (land reclaimed from sea), and then to see your hard work go into the hands of ungrateful immigrants must hurt!

This isn't something I have recently realized, I have talked about it previously as well in a different context. I am against immigration that does not comply with the rules, laws, ethics and systems of the host country. The selfish agenda of an immigrant (money and easy life) should not be earned at the cost of destabilizing the host country. You despise immodesty and the Western lifestyle? Don't go there. You don't want your children to even be under the shadow of an infidel? Don't fly West. What's so difficult to understand about that? If you don't like the ways of life of a country, why would you dream of building a life for yourself and your family there? You hate the people, you are too proud to have anything to do with them, then where is your pride when you fall victim to their prosperity?

Muslims moved to Europe and America in search of a better future and financial stability. They moved because they found the system and law of these infidel countries better than that of their Muslim countries. So how come they want to change this system now? Why do they want to impose Sharia here? Many people move to the West for it's freedom. They want that life in which they can breathe. Those who don't want the Sharia, where are they to go? And if Sharia is only to be implemented for the Muslims, then where are those Muslims to go who don't want Sharia? So you think they aren't Muslims anymore? Imagine the amount of death sentences ...

I am in no way implying that immigrants (who become a considerable minority) should not fight for laws and rights that accept them as different humans, and cater to their cultural needs. But I do not support this fight when it becomes selfish, and just wants more and more and more to the extent that it wants all.

Why, as a 2nd-gen immigrant Muslim, should I dream of England or the Netherlands, to become Islamic states? Why should I feel comfortable at the thought of Islam will dominate the world protests, when that is not the Islam I ask for. Where is my freedom of practice? The Prophet (p.b.u.h) predicted for his ummah to be segregated into 72 sects. So which sect gets to rule? I definitely want the Saudi version of Islam to take a hike. No to Salafists! I saw this video, and I was shocked out of my wits!

The thing is, how do European Muslims feel unsafe, when it is us that the Europeans are scared of. We haven't been the nicest, nor have we been so active as to take care of how our image evolves with history, why do we then not expect the Europeans to be the least bit rebellious and apprehensive towards us? I agree that the bad Muslims are such a handful, sorry ... they aren't Muslims .. but they really are the ones driving and manipulating our image; using our name to do horrendous acts. And what have we done, to defy that? To oppose that to an extent and extreme that it stops? That Islamic terrorists becomes an invalid term. What are we doing?

If anything has come out of extremist Islam, it is an increase in open apostasy and heresy, and organization of ex-Muslims. How is that helping us?

Wilders is wrong about Islam. Ayaan is wrong about Islam. Saudi clerics are wrong about Islam. Any extremist ideology is in opposition to Islam. And if I am wrong - I am not a Muslim.

1 comment:

  1. @Anonymous Hello karachi! =D .. thanks for the support .. I am so utterly thrilled by the positive response totally taking over the negative one. Completely unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails