Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Een April Grap!

So the tale goes all the way back to 1392 when it all started. And we've lovingly been harassing our family, friends and colleagues, all in the innocent name of April first *innocent* :D

In UK, Australia, South Africa and parts of Canada, the joke only lasts till noon. Someone who plays it after, is called an April Fool. Here in the Netherlands and some other parts of the world, it apparently doesn't matter. I still wanted to post this before noon on my blog :D

I came across two hilarious pranks played by the British media, which so clearly depict that our minds can be manipulated into thinking and believing anything. It's simple psychology. *coughreligioncough*

Anyhoo. The first one is from 1976 when the British astronomer, Sir Patrick Moore, told the listeners of BBC Radio 2 that a unique alignment of two planets would result in an upward gravitational pull, making people lighter at precisely 9:47 AM. LOL. (Even this lol deal is crazy .. it literally means fun here in Dutchland. hahah ... who knew!) So people actually went ahead and believed this. He invited his audience to jump in the air and experience a strange floating experience. ROTFLMAO. Quite a handful ended up calling back to confirm that the experiment had worked!

Now you give it a try ... does it work?


















Back in 1965, BBC purported to conduct a trial of a new technology allowing the transmission of odor over the airwaves to all viewers. Smell-o-Vision. ahahah .. Many viewers reportedly contacted the BBC to report the trial's success! In 2007 BBC repeated an online version of this hoax. WoW!

Your turn! This shouldn't be difficult. I don't need to trick you for this. If you feel it hard enough, you really can smell this mouth watering dish. And even go as far as tasting it. No kidding!















eeyore eeyore :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails