Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Do You Doubt Islam is Getting Out of Hands?



No. Islam isn't getting out of hands. Muslims are.

According to a 2009 demographic study, there are 1.57 Muslims around the globe, making up 23% of the world's population. Asia-Pacific with 24.1% Muslim population, Middle-East-North Africa with 91.2%, Sub-Saharan Africa with 30.1%, Europe with 5.2%, and the Americas with 0.5%. With a such a diversity of Muslims, following different cultures, traditions, languages, lifestyles, foods, dresses, and even different sects within Islam (Sunni, Shia, Wahabi, etc.), why is it that in the non-Muslim majority regions (Europe and Americas), it is one kind of Islamic format taking over, a.k.a Wahabism (Salafism)?

Who would blame the Europeans and the Americans if they are scared of what they see? The only people with some rationale, and those who don't brush all Muslims under the same rigid carpet, are the ones who have some travel history, and know better.

I admit that these are not the only kinds of Muslims there. But would you deny the fact that these are the precise Muslims that are getting voiced, and the maximum publicity? Perhaps just another media stunt to portray one kind of Islam, thereby validating Islamophobia, thereby having Geert Wilders supporters, ultimately having more than just handful who are genuinely xenophobic and agree to whatever crap is shown on TV.

Islam does use explicit black and white content about heaven and hell, good and bad, and so forth. It does seem/sound rigid. But if one goes in it, it isn't all that dark and gloomy as the Muslims portray it to be; especially the kind shown in this video.

I say it again, why do Muslims go looking for a life and livelihood in non-Muslim countries if just looking at a glass of wine is so offensive to them!? It is selfish of them. I say it loud and clear. They are hypocrites! Instead of such Salam Ahmed kind of retards, we need more peace-oriented, peace-infusing, love-infusing, tolerance-infusing preachers. I don't blame the followers of such people. They are scared of hell anyways, and when people like Mr Salam here bring it trifold onto them with their passionate speech of how they will burn in hell, they just follow like sheep - better safe than sorry they say. Better educated than sheep, I say!

There are 946,000 Muslims in Netherlands. 30,000 of them today are following this Imam in Tilburg. Maybe not a huge number in comparison, but considering the reinstated need to invoke the Muslim in us post 9/11, I only see it growing.

Islam calls for peace. Islam says, leave those alone who do not wage war against you. And if they attack you, smite them with all your force! And that is not unfair. What is unfair, is to wage a war without the consensus of all Muslims and the Muslim leaders.

Who asked me if they could go kill a dozen non-believers in my name? Who asked me if beheading Daniel Pearl is ok? Who asked me if they could fly a plane in to the WTC?

Nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails