Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lost in Self

So it's been an eternity since I last posted. I've been away for so long, it's hardly funny. I don't really consider myself a public figure, so is a public apology really my obligation? Or perhaps there are one or two people who do deserve my apology. So here I am. On the World Wide Web, humbly apologizing for my selfish escape.

But Ramadan is here. Which basically means a quick way to put on some weight. Firstly, Happy Ramadan all of you. Blessings for everyone, including myself. The greed that we desis have for food is unmatched anywhere in the world. Hands down. You cannot win over a desi's appetite ... unless I guess it's some McDonald's obsessed American . So, in this massive greed for something fried, my desiness urged for some Ramadan pakoras .. and viola! A whole bunch of sadistic oil drops splattered across my face and neck, leaving horrible marks and balloons. Everything is much subtle now, but women really don't like such accidents you know


A lot has happened since and I don't think one blog would be fair, or enough to cover all that. But to mention some highlights: I collaborated with (now) a dear friend and worked on a project that ultimately was presented in the form of her graduation exhibition. Took a little stroll under the Eiffel tower. Some desi stories that totally flipped me out. And of course, to discuss the results of the poll. So stay tuned for all this, and more.

I would also really like to state here the wonderful increase in the amount of people joining my facebook page, Freedom of Marital Choices for Muslim Women. Before creating this, I really didn't think many people would support this idea, as the underlying basis of it includes freedom of religious choices as well; freedom for women to choose compatible men over binding themselves with religious restrictions. I am absolutely thrilled about that. But I am truly looking forward to some more (and substantial) Pakistani support. If you haven't already joined it, but support the cause, you can click here, or find a link in the right column.

To have a looksie at my project you can follow this link that'll direct you to my facebook album.

As for France, it's lovely :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails