Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Iman Maleki

For some odd reason, I hadn't ever searched over Muslim or Eastern painters, but I was delighted to have tripped upon this amazing Iranian artist - Iman Maleki. I'm not much into Realism (except for photorealism!), but I can't deny the mastery in some of the painters' works. And Maleki does a great job.
Being an Eastern myself, I really feel drawn to his work. No matter how great a Western artist is, that work is still foreign to me. Something I can empathize with, relate with, is breath of fresh air.
Not only am I truly mesmerized by Maleki's technique, but his subject matter and representation has touched my heart! Instead of a violent representation that several other artists choose to talk about women or Islam with, this soft portrayal speaks volumes. The mundane has been made significant.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails